With all the technological advancements around us, we are getting used to things being done faster, without delays, and without interruptions.
Our expectations have increased and we’re always on the lookout for better ways to stay connected and up-to-date.
“US adults during 2018 has spent on average 3 hours, 35 minutes per day on mobile devices.“ *
In light of this, United Networks is very excited to announce the launch of our Global eSIM solution – an innovation that will disrupt markets and change the norms for many travellers and travel partners.
What is Global eSIM?
A SIM, which stands for “Subscriber Identity Module”, is like a key needed to open up locks of carriers so you can connect to their networks. It provides information to the carrier and in return, allows you to use their services.
An eSIM, short for ”embedded SIM”, is a digital solution that allows you to activate a cellular plan from a carrier without having to use a physical SIM card.
Until now, in order to use an international SIM while travelling, users have to remove their existing SIM and insert a new one into their devices.
With a United Global eSIM, that step is now redundant:users with a compatible device simply scan a QR code and get immediate access to local networks in over 190 countries without having to change their usual SIM card.
Why eSIM technology will change the world
If you’re on the fence about this new technology, you may be surprised by the benefits it brings to the table.
The United Global eSIM will enable you, your employees and your customers to:
- Use their normal SIM and eSIM simultaneously:Frequent travellers will understand that switching to a travel SIM will render their existing SIM temporarily useless. With the eSIM, users can enjoy the ability to simultaneously use both their local and travel SIMs for calls, texts, and mobile data.
- Enjoy a higher level of flexibility:Users can go into the device’s settings and specify which SIM to be used as primary when it comes to voice, texts, and data. These preferences can also be set at the individual contact level.
- Always have the Global eSIM ready-to-go: Once added to a device, the eSIM plan will be active and ready to be used. User can also disable and re-enable the eSIM mobile plan any time they wish.
- Activate multiple eSIM plans: Depending on their needs, travellers can have more than one eSIM plan installed on their device.
- Stay connected from departure to return: Get access to more than 500 local networks in over 190 countries with close to local rates.
- Avoid bill-shocks:Users only pay for when they use the service – there is no monthly charges.
- Reduce overhead cost: No physical SIM cards means no distribution costs and wastage, making it cheaper for partners to go to market and more profitable to maintain.
How does the Global eSIM work?
Staying connected while travelling has never been easier or more affordable than with a Unithttps://www.esim.travel/ed Global eSIM. Users can easily add our Global eSIM plan to their handset by scanning a QR code and receive a prepaid cellular plan covering over 190 countries.
- Scan QR code
- Enter confirmation code
- Give the new eSIM a name, such as “Secondary” or “Global SIM”
- Select eSIM as the preferred SIM
- Use both the usual SIM and the eSIM while travelling When arriving home, user marks their local SIM as their preferred SIM.
The eSIM is a great addition to our suite of products that are already available on the United Trust platform, such as:
- Unlimited Global Wi-Fi
- Global SOS Alerts
- Location-based Emergency Communications
- Flight Delay Tracking and Compensation
- Assets Tracking
With Apple releasing the first suite of eSIM compatible devices in 2018 and Android manufacturers announcing more deployments for 2019, eSIM is set to make waves worldwide. For our travel partners, the eSIM solution offers lower set-up fees, reduced overhead costs and consistently high quality of service.
The opportunity is here: Do you want to be one of the industry’s firsts to provide your employees and customers access to this groundbreaking technology?
This is a simple but yet effective way to increase customer engagement and retention.
If you have a website, blog, social media or are in the travel industry and would like to join our Affiliate Program to promote our award-winning travel connectivity solutions, we would be delighted to hear from you.
If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact me or visit our site at
Mea Thompson – Partner Manager United Networks